The origin of the Petersburg Mill Plant dates back to 1949, when a bread depot was built in the Priportovaya railroad station area. In 1983, a wheat processing mill was put into operation on the property. The renovated enterprise became the Leningrad Flour Mill Complex.
In 1991, the oat flakes production site was launched under the framework of the technical re-equipment process. In 1993, the state-owned enterprise Leningrad Flour Mill Complex was incorporated and the Proportovyi Flour Mill Complex OJSC was created based on it.
In 2000, the original name of the Complex was restored, but consistent with the city’s name change — Petersburg Mill Plant.